Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fc-20 / j-10b

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates

Fc-20 / j-10b

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jagga For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,KingKong,tamz_thunder

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Pakistan United Arab Emirates

Re: Fc-20/j-10b

Some chinese websites reportin the plane has entered mass production already and china has started raising squadrons.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Bangladesh Bangladesh

Does pakistan have any plan to co produce this aircraft?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pakistan Pakistan

for FC 20 the year 2014 is important....i hope i can see these birds in Pakistani skies
    The Following User Says Thank You to tehmasib For This Useful Post: KingKong

Thanks
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Pakistan UK

Quote Originally Posted by Jagga View Post
    Awesome detail here. @Jagga thanks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pakistan UK

I hope Pakistan can have these planes soon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Pakistan UK

We want them and no doubt China would supply but we must get our economy in good order we need to be able to afford them

Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Mozambique Argentina

I believe it was confirmed in 2009 that Pakistan would get them in 2014-2015.

Pakistan signs deal for Chinese J-10 fighters
    Print
    By: SIVA GOVINDASAMY SINGAPORE 09:15 13 Nov 2009 Source:

Pakistan has reportedly reached a deal with China to buy 36 Chengdu J-10B fighters in a deal worth around $1.4 billion.

If confirmed, this would form the first phase of a purchase that includes options for several dozen more aircraft and result in Islamabad eventually acquiring around 150 of the multirole fighters.

To be designated as FC-20s in Pakistan, the aircraft will be upgraded versions of the J-10 fighter that officially entered Chinese air force service in early 2007. The type is China's most advanced indigenously developed military aircraft.

Deliveries to Pakistan are likely to begin from 2014-15, but the country is unlikely to have any workshare in the programme.

China has been a major supplier of aircraft to Pakistan's armed forces for more than 30 years, supplementing purchases of Dassault Mirage fighters in the 1970s and Lockheed Martin F-16A/Bs in the 1980s.

Relations with the West cooled in the 1990s, when Washington imposed an arms embargo after Pakistan tested a nuclear bomb. Relations improved earlier this decade, when Islamabad emerged as a key ally in the war in Afghanistan.

Last year, Pakistan confirmed an order for 18 new F-16C/D Block 52 fighters, with options for another 18. It is also buying several refurbished F-16s, and Lockheed is also under contract to upgrade 34 F-16A/B Block 15s.

However, Islamabad has also maintained its close relationship with China. The partners have jointly developed the Chengdu/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) FC-1/JF-17 fighter, with Islamabad having received its first two Chinese-built examples in March 2007. It has since taken delivery of around a dozen JF-17s.

The first example to be manufactured by PAC will fly before year-end, and Islamabad will eventually buy at least 150 domestically produced fighters. These will replace its air force's ageing fleets of Nanchang A-5s, Chengdu F-7s and Mirage IIIs and Mirage Vs.

The JF-17 will be capable of carrying a variety of conventional and precision-guided bombs, plus air-to-air and anti-shipping missiles of both short- and beyond-visual ranges.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...ghters-334681/
    The Following User Says Thank You to Durrani For This Useful Post: The Quantifier

Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Mozambique Argentina

To be quite frank I am deeply impressed by the J-11 and j-20 programs of China.

I really like J-11 more than I like the j-10.

One thing at a time though.
    The Following User Says Thank You to Durrani For This Useful Post: The Quantifier

Thanks
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Former Soviet Union Pakistan

some are of the opinion that Because of current advances and Modernization of JF 17 Thunder .... we should ditch the J 10b and save money for 5th gen jets... this is an opinion out there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Pakistan Pakistan

Ditch or not to ditch this is the question

Pros.

* J-31 will use the same engine as the Jf-17 Thunder in the future, the 100KTN variant of WS-13G, which means cheaper maintenance for PAF engines, it also can mean TOPT [Transfer of production technology] to Pakistan if we end up using 200-350 of these engines on the JF-17 in the long run and then the J-31.

* PAF has done studies on the western stealth fighters, it has flown with and against the F-22A raptor and therefore can bring knowledge to SAC which it doesn't have access to as we did with the F-16s for the development of the J-10A/B and the JF-17. I, got told by a trustworthy source that PAF gave CAC access to a full description and technical details of the F-16 Block-60E/F cockpit/avionics and other critical details.If that is to be considered it may make sense, for PAF to join the J-31 program early and help "tailor" the aircraft for its own specific needs for next 8-10 years of development.

* India is pushing ahead with the development of PAK_FA and AMCA which may be behind schedule but still would shift the balance of power and would widen the technological gap. Choosing J-31 over the J-10B may mean, attachment to a LONG term deal but would be worthwhile in regards of balancing the technological gap as far as 5th generation technology goes.

* J-31 is a medium sized MMRCA, perfectly suited for PAF needs, which usually doesn't like huge fighters like the J-20, Su-30, F-15s etc. It will also help PAF increase its technological potential as far as the production standards are concerned. It may also turn this fighter into an export success story.

Cons.

* CAC won't be happy with PAF, so there maybe a institutional rift between CAC and PAC.

* J-10B Vanguard is a single engine air craft which will be much cheaper to operate than J-31.

* PAF would have to wait until around 2020 to get the first J-31, where as they can get the First vanguard next year, so a stop gap solution may have to be found resulting in more JF-17s than planned.

* J-31 would be expensive to buy, and PAF would have to save up for it over a decade, and putting too much faith in SAC's ability to deliver a top of the line product.

* J-31 is also a potential failure if the PLANAF refuses the bird.
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amjad Hussain For This Useful Post: Jameel,Sinbad

Thanks
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by tamz_thunder View Post
    Does pakistan have any plan to co produce this aircraft?
    yes it has had that plan for a long time to have it as a front line fighter and allegedly the J-10B was tailored with PAF requirement/ input

but the catch 22 is the funding of the entire procurement program .. Chinese would park the plane in any airfort we want but there is no money
    The Following User Says Thank You to Irfan Baloch For This Useful Post: tamz_thunder

Thanks
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Pakistan Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Durrani View Post

J-11 is just a Russian flanker rip off
    our airforce apparently already rejected the genuine Russian flankers so I dont know if a Chinese copy of the original plane will be any good

personally I like the flankers too but only made by Russians

Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Mozambique Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan Baloch View Post
    our airforce apparently already rejected the genuine Russian flankers so I dont know if a Chinese copy of the original plane will be any good

I'm pretty sure the Chinese made their own modifications of the Flankers.

The Flankers are pretty good.

Even the Chinese makes Flankers.

Anyways, J-10bs are good enough for now. If we can get those J-11s then why not.

J-20s can be procured much later on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    UK UK

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan Baloch View Post

Chinese did a pretty good job with the F/J 7, we don't have reason to think they have not done the same with J11

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    China England

You might be interested to know that the J-10s seem to defeat the J-11s quite often in the latest training exercises, although how much of that is attributable to the pilot can be debated. Tbh, the J-10s are probably the better choice atm irrespective as the PAF have decent experience flying similar style aircraft (JF17 and F16?) over the J-11.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Quantifier For This Useful Post: Aryan_B,Felix,tamz_thunder

Last edited by The Quantifier; 29th December 2013 at 18:53.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Mozambique Argentina

Re: Fc-20 / j-10b

To be quite frank I'm not very knowledgeable in this field.

J-10b is a 4th generation fighter. So is the J-11s.

What do Chinese like better though. I also heard that China made the J-15 and J-16.

Anyways like I said I'm not very knowledgeable.

J-15

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Bangladesh Bangladesh

What do Chinese like better though. I also heard that China made the J-15 and J-16.

J-15
    What about the J-16......... It can also be a very good chois for pakistan

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    China England

The J-11 is suited for long range missions whereas the J-10 had a design more suited to medium range combat. It is unlikely that Pakistan will be fighting anyone it doesnt share a border with anytime soon which is another reason I think the J-10 is better for the PAF.

We probably like both the J-10 and J-11, otherwise we wouldnt be developing both to the extent that we are.

Yeah, the J-15 is the fighter for use on an aircraft carrier whereas the J-16 is a fighter-bomber. Both have had prototypes manufactured but both are also unlikely to be of use for the PAF (The J-16 perhaps could be).
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Quantifier For This Useful Post: Alpha1,Hope

Thanks
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    UK UK

Quote Originally Posted by tehmasib View Post
    for FC 20 the year 2014 is important....i hope i can see these birds in Pakistani skies
    Not gonna happen - Pakistan have a platform in the JF17 that they think the world of, and are persuaded that as they become a more technically proficient manufacturer, that they can modify JFT significantly, and that whatever capability the J10 offers, the JFT does as well --- So, lets see if Pakistan can get into license production of engine or engine components - that would be a really significant development - of course much of this depends on Pakistan avoiding getting into regional conflicts and inspiring confidence in countries around the world, as a country that exercises responsibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast