Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Indians gets outraged at beheadings and call it medieval or mongolic Islamic acts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Pakistan India

Why Indians gets outraged at beheadings and call it medieval or mongolic Islamic acts

Though Beheading or mutilation of corpse is a deplorable act in todays civil world. There has been lot of hue and cry over among Indians in indian media on social media and on forums describing beheading as typical act of medieval or mongolic Islamic acts....But then if look at Hindu scriptures there has been countless examples of beheading like from Parshuram beheading his mother just coz his father ordered him and the whole Kshatriya race,Kali beheading men and demons wearing the garlands of heads, Ram beheading of kumbhkarna in Ramayana ,Krishna beheading shishupala in mahabharat etc.

Now here is something called cognitive dissonance among Indians.On one side indians worship the images of kali wearing garlands of heads and other side they deplore beheading and blame it on islamic medieval culture of mongols ............

Kali wearing garland of heads.

Pashuram beheads Kshtriyas

Here is and episode from Ramayana where Ram beheads Kumbhkarna.

My grouse is while Indian worship one sort of beheading but on the other hand condemn other sort as medieval Islamic Mongolic act.
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajtr For This Useful Post: Aryan_B,Dash,Neo

Last edited by ajtr; 12th January 2013 at 09:29.
    Main tere naseeb ki barish nahi Jo tujh pe baras jaon
    Tujhe taqdeer badalni hogi mujhe panay ke liye....!!!!

मैं तेरे नसीब की बारिश नहीं जो तुझ पे बरस जाऊं,
    तुझे तकदीर बदलनी होगी मुझे पाने के लिए ....!!!!

'میں تیرے نصیب کی بارش نہیں جو تجھ پہ برس جاؤں
    تجھے تقدیر بدلنی ہوگی مجھے پانے کے لئے

"I'm not the rain of your fortune that i'll fall on you.You've to change your fate in order to get me."

Thanks
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Pakistan India
    Here is and episode from Mahabharata where Krishna beheads Shishupal with his sudarshan chakra

The Following User Says Thank You to ajtr For This Useful Post: Aryan_B

"I'm not the rain of your fortune that i'll fall on you.You've to change your fate in order to get me."

Thanks
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Pakistan India
    Parsuram beheading Kshatriya race...........

The Following User Says Thank You to ajtr For This Useful Post: Aryan_B

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    India UK
    Beheading doesn't have a place in today's civilized world. Beheading may be logical in medieval period, but not today
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jade For This Useful Post: contract killer,ManojKumar

Thanks
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    India UK
    Nobody tolerated this from any scoiety

Thanks
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Pakistan Pakistan
    If it is not, why is that Kali Mata's such pictures are displayed in many Indian homes. I have seen it myself in the homes of some of my Indian friends.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pakistan Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by ManojKumar View Post
    Nobody tolerated this from any scoiety
    You sure? I mean I am not wondered that you say because you have probably not worshipping near Brahmaputra which is filled with corpses floating all around... That would be never accepted all around the world...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Munir View Post
    You sure? I mean I am not wondered that you say because you have probably not worshipping near Brahmaputra which is filled with corpses floating all around... That would be never accepted all around the world...
    It would appear unhygienic but each to his own

Thanks
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Pakistan India
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    Beheading doesn't have a place in today's civilized world. Beheading may be logical in medieval period, but not today
    Thats what i said in my opening sentence.but there is some sort of cognitive dissonance among indians where on one hand they worship as i illustrated above and all the blame whenever beheading happens in todays world is blamed as islamic medieval practice.Why not it is blamed as vedic hindu practice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pakistan Netherlands
    There are so many things in India that are not even OK in the medieval period... Why are you so obsessed with this beheading? I mean raping women and putting sharp objects inside her isn't typical in this era, is it? Neither calling 70% op population paria's and being obsessed with Brahman titles. You guys need a mirror and not a mouth.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    India UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtr View Post
    Thats what i said in my opening sentence.but there is some sort of cognitive dissonance among indians where on one hand they worship as i illustrated above and all the blame whenever beheading happens in todays world is blamed as islamic medieval practice.Why not it is blamed as vedic hindu practice.
    Because in India beheading is banned, while in some Islamic countries it is still followed.

But why blame on Vedic Hindu practice. Even in England, beheading was an official punishment late until 1700's.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pakistan Netherlands
    I just read that Saudia just beheaded a lady from Sri Lanka... I do not hear Indians about that. Call it blindness or hypocrisy...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Pakistan India
    Because in India beheading is banned, while in some Islamic countries it is still followed.
    still beheading happens in india.

India temple beheading human sacrifice?

But why blame on Vedic Hindu practice. Even in England, beheading was an official punishment late until 1700's.
    coz vedic reference is the oldest reference if one goes by time period.so why stop at medieval period why not go beyond it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    India India
    @ajtr, @Ticker
    As I have stated before,Hinduism is more of culture than organised religion.
    In culture's interpretation of morality can vary from person to person.
    I will you two examples here,
    1. Polygamy of Lord Krishna
    As you know lord Krishna was having multiple wives but there is no hard and fast rule or single authentic source in hinduism which states that polygamy is allowed,We consider it as an exceptional situation. As a result pologamy have became illegal in India for hindus, You can argue that Hinduism being culture,it is evolved in such a way that from last 65 years pologamy is not allowed.
    2.Polyandry of Draupadi
    Again exceptional case, no single authentic source, being culture it is evolved such that now it is illegal.
    So for hindus, there is no hard and fast rule that life of Lord Rama or krishna or Parashurama were ideal way of life, So people are free to ask questions.
    Example of Kalimata comes under case of subjective morality, Let's say in today's world, if any girl kills potential rapist by beheading then there will be division in opinion,some will call it as a immoral act and some people will equate her to reincarnation of Kalimata. But majority of people will consider beheading of enemy soldier as immoral.
    So morality in Hinduism is subjective which will depend on individual interpretation,as a result people are now openly questioning morality of Lord Rama,I think it is only possible due to Hinduism being culture than organised religion.
    The Following User Says Thank You to prtikul For This Useful Post: contract killer

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    India UK
    still beheading happens in india.

India temple beheading human sacrifice?

coz vedic reference is the oldest reference if one goes by time period.so why stop at medieval period why not go beyond it.
    State doesn't control what a individual does. Indian state policy considers beheading illegal, punishable and medieval.

Beheading was always there since the human evolution. Mayans practiced and so did many tribes. But humans evolve so does our laws. Hence it may be logical to practice it in medieval period but not now
    Last edited by Jade; 12th January 2013 at 12:32.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pakistan Netherlands
    Yet the same state allows police to torture arrested people to make them confess... Talking about ethics..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Pakistan England
    State doesn't control what a individual does. Indian state policy considers beheading illegal, punishable and medieval.

Beheading was always there since the human evolution. Mayans practiced and so did many tribes. But humans evolve so does our laws. Hence it may be logical to practice it in medieval period but not now

I agree with you but law enforcement has to enforce laws and not step back from enforcement.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pakistan Netherlands
    The punitive actions were on top level when Indian sent MKI armed almost over the borders. I think they were retreated and kept silence and we showed the pictures to USA...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Pakistan India
    @prtikul @Jade

Point i want to make is not if beheading as practice is bad or good...My point is simple Why it is only blamed as islamic mediveal practice.why not say vedic hindu practice.The way i saw many talk shows or on social media like twitter etc most of time i got this phrase of medieval islamic practice.

What you will call the human sacrifice (bali) still being done in india....is it islamic or is it vedic hindu practice?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    India UK
    @prtikul @Jade

Point i want to make is not if beheading as practice is bad or good...My point is simple Why it is only blamed as islamic mediveal practice.why not say vedic hindu practice.The way i saw many talk shows or on social media like twitter etc most of time i got this phrase of medieval islamic practice.

What you will call the human sacrifice (bali) still being done in india....is it islamic or is it vedic hindu practice?
    Good question. Why did Hindus, Christians or Jewish religions are not considered medieval when Islam is. While Islam is the most recent of all. I guess, that you should blame it on Muslims.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast