Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Islam Misogynistic?

Thanks
    ="text-align:left"> Pakistan India

Re: Is Islam Misogynistic?

Muslim Imam Who Said Women Deserve to Be Raped Arrested for Attempted Rape

Imam Mehdi enjoys the Koran, the Sunnah and long walks in the park

You have to give Imam Shahid Mehdi credit. Unlike a lot of other Muslim clergy who say that women who don’t wear hijabs or burkas or who leave the house deserve to be raped, but then don’t follow up on it, Shahid Mehdi stayed true to his belief that Islamic morality justifies sex crimes by trying to commit a sex crime.

An Islamic mufti in Copenhagen, Shahid Mehdi, has sparked political outcry from the left-wing Unity List and right-wing Danish People’s Party, after stating in a televised interview that women who do not wear headscarves are “asking for rape.”

“Women are not entitled to respect when they walk around without a Hijab. They are to blame for it when they are attacked,” Imam Shahid Mehdi said.

“All the crimes that occur against women is because they are not covered. When they are not covered, you have no respect for them. ”

“She disobeys her master, there are two places in the Qur’an has ordered her to cover themselves (…) Women make a clean society dirty when they walk around without a Hijab. They are not entitled to respect and are not valuable as those who wear a Hijab. ”

Shahid Mehdi made his remarks in the DR2 programme “Talk to Gode,” and reiterated his stance in daily newspaper B.T. The Danish People’s Party and Unity List agree that Mehdi’s remarks could incite Muslim men to rape Danish women by insinuating that women who did not cover their hair were undeserving of basic respect.

As a mufti, a jurist who interprets Islamic law, Shahi Mehdi is in a special position of authority as a Muslim scholar. Mehdi is the Imam of the Islamic Religious Community mosque in Dortheavej in Copenhagen northwest and the Rector of Muslim private school and former leader of the Islamic Cultural Center in Brønshøj.

“The very idea that this man is authorised to teach young people in the Koran is ludicrous. It’s like letting (Danish Nazi leader) Johnny Hansen teach the history of World War II,” said Rosenkrantz-Theil.

No, actually it’s more like letting Johnny Hansen teach Mein Kampf. But to make a long story horrible, the Mufti followed up his Koranic teaching by doing this...

“A 36-year-old Danish man is the protagonist in a bizarre sex case, which will soon be dealt with in court in Malmö.

Now, however, he is accused of pulling his penis out and chasing a 23-year-old woman around in a park in Malmö in August 2012, according to the court in Malmö.

The woman managed to get away, and she called the police, who arrested the man a few minutes later.

The woman told the police that she lives close to the park, and was out walking her puppy when the man walked towards her, and she began to feel uncomfortable.

She bent down to pick up her dog, when the man asked about her name. She just had time to respond before the man opened his pants and took his penis out, while she was still bent down so that his penis was half a meter from her head.

The woman got up and ran away, and when she looked over her shoulder, she saw that the man followed her, she told police. The man gave up his project, and disappeared into some bushes.

It’s unknown whether or not the woman was wearing a Hijab. Or whether her dog was wearing a Hijab. Either way a Muslim court would have found her guilty. Unfortunately for him all this is taking place in Europe where the lack of a Hijab has not been widely accepted as justification for attempted sexual assault.

Naturally Imam Mehdi is blaming racism.

During the interrogation he refused to plead guilty and believes that the accusation is based on racism because he has Pakistani roots.

Clearly. No Swedish man would have been arrested for exposing himself to a woman and chasing her around the park… after saying that women without Hijabs deserve to be raped.

Finally it was revealed that Imam Mehdi, Hijabi mandator, apparently used to sell women’s lingerie.

By Daniel Greenfield
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajtr For This Useful Post: AgNoStIc MuSliM,Muse

Main tere naseeb ki barish nahi Jo tujh pe baras jaon
    Tujhe taqdeer badalni hogi mujhe panay ke liye....!!!!

मैं तेरे नसीब की बारिश नहीं जो तुझ पे बरस जाऊं,
    तुझे तकदीर बदलनी होगी मुझे पाने के लिए ....!!!!

'میں تیرے نصیب کی بارش نہیں جو تجھ پہ برس جاؤں
    تجھے تقدیر بدلنی ہوگی مجھے پانے کے لئے

"I'm not the rain of your fortune that i'll fall on you.You've to change your fate in order to get me."

Thanks
    United States United States

Are women equal to men in a Muslim society?

I'm sure this question has been asked in many different ways, so I'm sure you all are getting tired of responding to it.
    I don't mean to ridicule, I just want to ask questions.

Is it easier to be a man or a woman inside a Muslim society?
    Why?

Thanks
    Pakistan United States

Re: Are women equal to men in a Muslim society?

Quote Originally Posted by Pozessed View Post

Is it easier to be a man or a woman inside a Muslim society?
    Why?
    Your question would result in different answers depending on who you ask. The answers you get from various individuals would be based on a lot of factors.

In my case for example, I would only be able to offer an opinion from the perspective of a socially liberal male, hailing from a religiously moderate and educated family, who is residing in the West. The Western culture of freedom of thought and action (within certain socio-cultural limits) does not make me feel as if I am constrained by virtue of being a Muslim male, but I would probably have a different opinion were I to resettle in Saudi Arabia or Iran, for example.

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

As a muslim woman I must say that men's interpretation of any religion tends to discriminate against women .However my understanding and from my research shows that islam actually was the first religion to deal with the issue of giving rights to women. Compare to most other religions islam seems to give more rights to women .
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khanda For This Useful Post: ajtr,Pozessed

Thanks
    UK UK

Quote Originally Posted by Khanda View Post
    As a muslim woman I must say that men's interpretation of any religion tends to discriminate against women .However my understanding and from my research shows that islam actually was the first religion to deal with the issue of giving rights to women. Compare to most other religions islam seems to give more rights to women .

Indeed, you as a Muslim woman, have the God given right to be slapped around by your husband, and the right to have 4 witness to your rape, and a whole host of other "rights" islam gives women

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Indeed, you as a Muslim woman, have the God given right to be slapped around by your husband, and the right to have 4 witness to your rape, and a whole host of other "rights" islam gives women
    The treatment of women is not something for you to belittle or be sarcastic about. You chose to ignore that I said compare to most other religions ie relatively speaking. But then you men are used to putting your own spin to what you read are you not?
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khanda For This Useful Post: ajtr,Muse,Sinbad

Thanks
    Pakistan India

I find this comment as out of taste. A misogynistic sexist comment even when he is trying to be sarcastic its quite degrading towards us as women.I see this comment in same vein as people calling my daughter to be future terrorist producing womb.But when men dont leave even a 7 month old fetus to spray their sarcastic sexism on women how can they spare [MENTION=2139]Khanda[/MENTION] as grown up woman.

"I'm not the rain of your fortune that i'll fall on you.You've to change your fate in order to get me."

Thanks
    Pakistan India

But from the company [MENTION=1244]Muse[/MENTION] keep and from where he comes im not surprised that he made that degrading comment on [MENTION=2139]Khanda[/MENTION].after all its the trademark of all thinktanks of stinking pdf fish-tank
    The Following User Says Thank You to ajtr For This Useful Post: Muse

Thanks
    UK UK

The treatment of women is not something for you to belittle or be sarcastic about. You chose to ignore that I said compare to most other religions ie relatively speaking. But then you men are used to putting your own spin to what you read are you not?
    Why is the treatment of women in Islam not worthy of anything but lies? What part of what I offered was a non=truth?

See, you opened the door by suggesting these "rights" but when the other side of the coin is presented you get huffy and righteous. You error is the same as that of any Jamaati, in thinking of Islam as not about Faith in God but as a vehicle of political aspirations.

Thanks
    UK UK

Quote Originally Posted by ajtr View Post
    I find this comment as out of taste. I see this comment in same vein as people calling my daughter to be future terrorist producing womb.But when men dont leave even a 7 month old fetus to spray their sarcastic sexism on women how can they spare [MENTION=2139]Khanda[/MENTION] as grown up woman.
    What has your taste, your prudish sensibility got to do with reality? Why is it that you cannot respond reasonably ? If you think that what I offered was not truth, then offer a rebuttal, your delicate sensibilities are not a response

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

Why is the treatment of women in Islam not worthy of anything but lies? What part of what I offered was a non=truth?

See, you opened the door by suggesting these "rights" but when the other side of the coin is presented you get huffy and righteous. You error is the same as that of any Jamaati, in thinking of Islam as not about Faith in God but as a vehicle of political aspirations.
    But I qualified the statement I made by saying compared and also I further qualified it by stating earlier I must say that men's interpretation of any religion tends to discriminate against women

All includes Islam.

Thanks
    UK UK

But I qualified the statement I made by saying compared and also I further qualified it by stating earlier I must say that men's interpretation of any religion tends to discriminate against women

All includes Islam.
    Listen, is there any rebuttal you have to offer with regard to what I offered? Why then take offense where none is offered? Why this huff and puff ? -- Some of us stop thinking when it comes to Islam, we feel the NEED to defend it, regardless of the merits of what it is we think we are defending -- If we see Islam for what it is, that is to say about FAITH in God, then there may not be any need for taking offense and feeling the need to defend it.

Is Islam what it's adherents practice?? If yes and it has to be yes, then, Is Islam misogynistic? Clearly

Thanks
    Pakistan India

What has your taste, your prudish sensibility got to do with reality? Why is it that you cannot respond reasonably ? If you think that what I offered was not truth, then offer a rebuttal, your delicate sensibilities are not a response
    so this is the truth you are offering by passing your crude personal remarks on [MENTION=2139]Khanda[/MENTION].....

you as a Muslim woman, have the God given right to be slapped around by your husband, and the right to have 4 witness to your rape
    What is the truth you are offering here...No you are not offering any truth here instead you are slipping in you 2 bit degrading personal comment cleverly disguised as the the truth.If you want to offer truth on Islam be my guest but you have no right to drag us into it....How do you know how our husbands treat us or we treat them.if you don't 've idea then why pass comments on us and on our hubby or even on our family members.This is the typical PDF degrading discourse you are carrying here.

Modesty is our virtue which is bestowed on us naturally and we have every right to be prudish.If you can maintain that modesty in discourse then don't engage in anything related to women.we will call you out where ever we see you going out of line on subject so near to our hearts.And that's our God given right.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

Do you quote these from a particular reference or is it the favourite and righteous right of liberals who have the name of a religion written in front of their names in the forms they fill and privately say that I am an atheist - what religion do you follow [MENTION=1244]Muse[/MENTION], if at all or are you an atheist or wanna keep it a secret being a private affair.

Thanks
    Pakistan India

Listen, is there any rebuttal you have to offer with regard to what I offered? Why then take offense where none is offered? Why this huff and puff ? -- Some of us stop thinking when it comes to Islam, we feel the NEED to defend it, regardless of the merits of what it is we think we are defending -- If we see Islam for what it is, that is to say about FAITH in God, then there may not be any need for taking offense and feeling the need to defend it.

Is Islam what it's adherents practice?? If yes and it has to be yes, then, Is Islam misogynistic? Clearly
    What rebuttal you are seeking by mixing her pvt life with islam and bringing her hubby imagining of course he hits her to exercise his Islamic right and you go even to the bottom of the civilized discourse so as to throw in the Rape word...but sir it may be easy for you to throw such words on a woman and try to drag on to that ...typical quality of a man.but we know how it feel to be abused.Sir you dont face the eve teasing, cat calls daily we do.we know how it hurts us mentally and emotionally from childhood till we die.

Sir you never step out of house every day in fear of being abused or someone ravaging the modesty or grope you but we do live in that fear 24/7.

And you simply say you you are offering us the truth.No. truth is what i offered you just now.

And did you ever notice who is calling out these misogynistic practices of Islam or hinduism...Yes its we who did it ...you are just a late entrant to these threads we are doing it since nirbhaya's case in dec. If you dont realised it yet these are the same threads i had opened on pdf and these are just copy of those.in fact that truth got muffled under the loud protests from your guys.

Thanks
    Pakistan Europe

I accept that all if not most religions are mysogenistic. but I was treating the word mysogenic in relative terms rather than absolute terms. In that respect my post was suggesting that Islam was lesser than other religions some that do not even allow the emancipation of a woman's soul. I am no expert on Islam or any other religion but is it not rational that there may be bias in the understanding of a religion if those whose interpret are all men

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

[MENTION=1244]Muse[/MENTION],

Hazrat Lut (Lot) was the nephew of Hazrat Ibrahim (Abraham), and he is a Prophet in Islam. However, the Bible (Genesis 19:30-36) tells an unbelievable story. Hazrat Lut took his two daughters to live in a cave in the mountain. The daughters conspired to use their father to grow a family by getting him drunk and then having sex with their father each in one night. They did that, and they became pregnant. The older daughter gave birth to a son called Moab (Hebrew: from my father!), and the younger daughter gave birth to a son called Ben-Ammi (Hebrew: Son of my father!)

So the Bible tells us that it was not enough for Hazrat Lut’s daughters to commit this scandal, but to give their illegitimate children names to publicize their act.

Did you ever stand up to your own chosen country men and women about such misogynistic biblical pronouncements or is it a fashion with many of us to just insult our own back home because we can and because others also do the same.

What is the moral lesson in this story of the Holy Bible?

Thanks
    UK UK

Quote Originally Posted by ajtr View Post
    so this is the truth you are offering by passing your crude personal remarks on [MENTION=2139]Khanda[/MENTION].....

.How do you know how our husbands treat us or we treat them.if you don't 've idea then why pass comments on us and on our hubby or even on our family members.This is the typical PDF degrading discourse you are carrying here.

Modesty is our virtue which is bestowed on us naturally and we have every right to be prudish.If you can maintain that modesty in discourse then don't engage in anything related to women.we will call you out where ever we see you going out of line on subject so near to our hearts.And that's our God given right.
    I like you, so prickly and I Think I am going to create more of you - but for the time being lets get to business - You say Modesty is our virtue, sure have no problem with your modesty - It's your insistence that your personal taste be the criteria for my posts is something that does not ven have a snow flakes chance in hell, of happening -- Call me out? I'm counting on it, Bring It! But make sense, make good arguments, be persuasive -

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

What religion do you follow [MENTION=1244]Muse[/MENTION] - should we discuss some details about Vedic Hindu Culture and carryout a comparison of different religions and the moral atheism.

What say you.

Thanks
    Pakistan Pakistan

I like you, so prickly and I Think I am going to create more of you - but for the time being lets get to business - You say Modesty is our virtue, sure have no problem with your modesty - It's your insistence that your personal taste be the criteria for my posts is something that does not ven have a snow flakes chance in hell, of happening -- Call me out? I'm counting on it, Bring It! But make sense, make good arguments, be persuasive -
    Arguments can be persuasive if the playing field is level plain - if you could insult a lady and do not know or do not believe that you have, there is something wrong with your understanding of being a gentleman. Using arguments and using abusive personal remarks is a different matter - please remain on the positive parliamentary debating methodology rather than being coercive and rude.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast